Himanta Biswa Sarma – Chief Minister, Assam:
Mizoram Issue –
At Silchar today, after paying my tributes to martyrs, I announced the following:
1. Assam Government will give Rs 50 lakh as compensation to the families of martyrs, and one person from the family will get job
2. All injured will get Rs 1 lakh
3. All Assam Police personnel deployed on the Mizoram border, shall get an additional salary of a month.
4. Assam Govt will raise 3 commando battalion for Karimganj, Cachar and Hailakandi; 3000 personnel will be recruited.
5. We shall file a suit in the Supreme Court seeking intervention to ensure that not an inch of reserve forest is encroached upon