Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan today visited All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi to take stock of their preparedness to overcome COVID-19 as well as witness first-hand the treatment and assistance being offered to COVID-19 patients in the Dedicated COVID Hospital.
Speaking about the situation of the COVID-19 outbreak in the country, the Minister apprised that :
- As of now the Mortality/Death rate of COVID patients in India is 3.1%, compared to 7% at global level.
- Moreover, 5,913 people have been cured till date resulting in recovery rate of around 22%, which is also comparatively better than most of the countries.
- The doubling rate of the country has been showing regular improvement and stands at 10.5 days when seen over a period of 3 days, 9.3 days over a period of 7 days and 8.1 days over a period of 14 days.
- These indicators may be taken as positive effects of the Lockdown in the country along with the cluster management and containment strategies.
- As on date, 283 districts have not reported any COVID cases till date.
- 64 districts have not reported a fresh case since the last 7 days,
- 48 districts have not reported a fresh case since the last 14 days,
- 33 districts have not reported a fresh case since the last 21 days and
- 18 districts have not reported a fresh case since the last 28 days.
- We have already made available sufficient quantities of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) at the State level and now we have around 106 manufacturing units which are capable of making them in India itself which will be enough to meet the increasing requirement of our country in future. Apart from this there are now 10 manufacturers of N-95 masks in the country.
We are winning the battles and eventually we will win this war against COVID-19 as we know our enemy, its numbers and its proper whereabouts and we are prepared to deal with any situation
- While praising the Corona Warriors, he said, “It is heartening to see the very high happiness quotient and high morale of our health warriors in these testing times.”