Sukhbir Singh Badal, @officeofssbadal, Shiromani Akali Dal President :
- There is a complete chaos in ‘mandis’ across the state because wheat isn’t being lifted in the absence of gunny bags.
- I request @capt_amarinder to take immediate steps to fast track the procurement & if something isn’t done immediately the situation can spiral out of control.
- Things have come to a virtual halt with procurement agencies rejecting wheat even if it has slight moisture content.
- I urge @capt_amarinder to take up the issue with FCI & also direct State procurement agencies not to harass farmers & relax moisture norms immediately.
- State should give the real figures to the people of Punjab. Against the claim of 56 MT of wheat being procured only 23 lakh MT has been lifted.
- Similarly, only 30 % of the payment due to farmers has been released to them till date.
- Punjab is set to face an acute shortage of labour and that the state govt should come out with a plan to bring migrant #labour back to the State before the #paddy season.
- Transplanting machines should also be subsidised & the same should be bought by cooperative societies also.