The Congress leaders took to Twitter against Arnab Goswami’s defamatory comments on Congress President Sonia Gandhi in a live TV Show :
TS Singh Deo, @TS_SinghDeo, Cabinet Minister in Chhattisgarh :
- I have just filed a complaint against Republic’s Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami in Raipur for deliberately making inflammatory statements on his channel to invoke hatred among different communities and using derogatory language against Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Capt. Amarinder Singh, @capt_amarinder , Punjab CM :
- Ridiculous attack by Arnab Goswami on Sonia Gandhi Ji in derogatory language is totally shameful & unacceptable. She was 22yrs old when she came to India & has been living here for 52 years of which she has dedicated most of her life to the service of the country.
- Sonia Gandhi Ji has been a highly successful President of @INCIndia. We have got ministers of Indian Origin in Canada & UK, should their PMs dismiss them from cabinet claiming they are not loyal to their respective countries? Your comments defy all logic!
Ashok Gehlot, @ashokgehlot51, Chief Minister of Rajasthan :
- Attack on Mrs Sonia Gandhi by Arnab Goswami is highly condemnable.
- He has gone insane and crossed all limits, he should be ashamed of himself .
- I must ask the Editors guild- isn’t this all time low for journalism?
- Mr Rajeev Chandrasekhar must sack him immediately.
Kapil Sibal, @KapilSibal – Congress Leader :
- some moral lepers
appear on the screen
abusive and vulgar
seen venting their spleen
but one special journo
knows not what he says
his vicious agenda
he daily displays
time to disinfect
to “arrest” the disease
he then will surrender
and fall on his knees
Randeep Singh Surjewala, @rssurjewala , Congress Leader :
- Journalism of filth! Deeply disgraceful that PM & BJP eulogize this brand of TV anchors.
- Let PM remember that Smt. Sonia Gandhi has spent over 50 years of life in India, serving the country & being a witness to sacrifice of her mother in law & husband.
- But your favourite abusive anchors won’t bat an eyelid before hurling filth. Silence is acquiescence, Mr. PM!
Ashok Chavan, @AshokChavanINC , Former Chief Minister Maharashtra :
- Arnab Goswami has crossed all limits. His use of malicious & slanderous language against the Congress President is unfounded & his statements are libellous.
- His language in the debate is propagating division & hatred.
- We condemn it & demand strict action.
Ajay Maken, @ajaymaken – Congress Leader :
- In his zeal to divert attention from the failures of Modi Govt in handling COVID19- Arnab crossed all limits.
- Use of malicious language against the Congress President is unfounded. His language propagates division&hatred We condemn & demand strict action.