Capt. Amarinder Singh – CM of Punjab:
- In our meeting with PM Narendra Modi Ji, I proposed that the center should consider empowering state fiscally & economically.
- States should have flexibility in micro-planning & the decision on designating the red, orange/yellow and green zones should be left to us.
- Raised the need to test & test extensively to PM Narendra Modi Ji.
- We have increased our test capacity exponentially to around 2500 per day but that’s not enough to fight COVID19.
- We need central labs located in Punjab & Chandigarh to be immediately directed to do testing.
- I urged Narendra Modi Ji to declare MSP for paddy early with an additional bonus for stubble management.
- We need to ensure that farmers’ income is not impacted and via this, we will be able to push the economy towards revival as well.
- Requested Narendra Modi Ji to immediately release our Rs 4367 Cr GST arrears & 3 month Revenue Grant as immediate financial assistance.
- We are at war & States are like Infantry units at the forefront of action & need to be equipped well to lead the fight against Covid19.
Pic Credit: Capt. Amarinder Singh