Excerpts of the Media Briefing on COVID19 status by @MoHFW_INDIA :
- 61 additional districts from 23 States/UT have not reported any fresh cases in last 14 Days. 4 new districts have been included in the list : – Latur – Osmanabad – Hingoli & -Washim, Maharashtra
- 4,49,810 samples have been tested so far 35,852 samples were tested yesterday, out of which 29,776 samples were tested in 201 labs in ICMR network and 6,076 samples in private labs.
- The doubling time of cases is increasing, the current situation indicates that significant increase in number of COVID19 cases is unlikely.
- Among the total COVID19 tests conducted so far, 69% were asymptomatic cases and 31% were symptomatic cases.
- Govt launched online data pool (https://covidwarriors.gov.in) is a Master Database of critical human resource for combating and containing COVID19; Dashboard now contains more than 1.24 crore resource persons- Healthcare professionals and volunteers.
- Total no. of #COVID19 cases – 18,601 In last 24 hours – 1,336 new cases 3,252 recoveries so far, recovery % is now 17.48% No new cases in last 28 days in 4 districts No new cases in last 14 days in 61 other districts.
- Using community surveillance and contact tracing, we are taking pre-emptive action to test asymptomatic persons with high risk contacts so that we are able to identify COVID19 patients in early stage, treat them and reduce mortality.
- There are few reports of lab-confirmed #COVID19 cases which are truly asymptomatic. There has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur.