Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry :
- This morning, I reviewed the train operations of ‘Shramik Special’ trains. Only 4 trains ran on the first day i.e 1st May which grew to 101 trains yesterday. In total, 468 trains have departed.
- I once again appeal to all the State Governments to speed up approvals for transportation of stranded migrants through ’Shramik Special’ trains and provide relief to workers at the earliest.
- We have allocated over 1,200 trains with which we can easily run 300 ’Shramik Special’ trains everyday, so that all migrants can reach their destination safely, quickly and comfortably.
- Thanks to CM @MYogiAdityanath ji for his cooperation in giving approval for more than 250 trains already, bringing relief to migrant workers from Uttar Pradesh.
- Thank you CM @NitishKumar ji for your support in giving approval for more than 140 trains, which will immensely help Bihari migrant workers.
- Thank you CM @VijayRupanibjp ji for starting more than 215 trains from Gujarat to various States, thus helping migrant workers in Gujarat.