Excerpts from PM Modi’s Speech :
- Friends, keeping all the suggestions in mind, it has been decided that the lockdown in India will have to be extended till 3rd May.
- That means until 3rd May, each and every one of us, will have to remain in the lockdown. During this time, we must continue maintaining discipline in the way we have been doing till now.
- Therefore, we have to be very vigilant about hot-spots. We will have to keep a close and strict watch on the places which run the risk of becoming hot-spots. The creation of new hot-spots will further challenge our hard work and penance. Hence, let us extend the strictness and austerity in the fight against Coronafor the upcoming one week.
- Until 20th April, every town, every police station, every district, every state will be evaluated on how much the lockdown is being followed. The extent to which theregion has protected itself from Coronavirus will be noted.
- Areas that will succeed in this litmus test, which will not be in the hot-spot category, and will have less likelihood to turn into a hot-spot;maybe allowed to open up select necessary activities from 20thApril.
- However, keep in mind, this permission will be conditional, and the rules for going out will be very strict. Permission will be withdrawn immediately if lockdown rules are broken, and spread of Coronavirus risked.
- A detailed guideline will be issued by the Government tomorrow in this regard.
Pic Credit : @narendramodi