Office of Smt. N Sitharaman:
- During March-April 2020, PSBs sanctioned loans worth Rs 5.66 lakh cr for more than 41.81 lakh accounts.
- These borrowers are from MSME, Retail, Agriculture & Corporate sectors, waiting for disbursal soon after lockdown lifts.
- Economy poised to recover!
- For MSMEs and others, pre-approved Emergency credit lines & working capital enhancements being prioritised by PSBs.
- More than 27 lakh customers contacted from March 20 and 2.37 lakh cases sanctioned loans worth Rs. 26,500 cr.
- A work in progress.
- Sustained credit flow to NBFCs & HFCs in COVID19!
- PSBs sanctioned loans worth Rs. 77,383 cr. between Mar 1-May 4.
- Inclusive of TLTRO funds, extended total financing of Rs. 1.08 lakh crore, ensuring business stability & continuity going forward.
- PSBs complemented RBI on loan moratorium.
- Their effective communication & proactive actions ensured that over 3.2 cr. a/c availed 3-month moratorium.
- Quick query redressals allayed customer concerns. Ensuring responsible banking amid lockdown
File Pic Credit: PIB India