Rajnath Singh – Union Defence Minister:
- Tomorrow, 16th June, I would be in Jammu & Kashmir for a two day visit.
- I shall be visiting forward areas and interacting with troops during my visit.
- Also, I shall attend the 200th anniversary of Maharaja Gulab Singh Ji’s ‘Rajyabhishek Ceremony’ in Jammu on 17th June, Friday.
KC Venugopal – General Secretary, Congress:
- Brutally attacked, clothes torn, carried like a criminal.
- This is how Delhi police treated a peoples representative, a member of parliament.
- Is this how the police should behave?
- Is this how a woman, a member of parliament should be treated?
Ministry of Steel:
Union Minister of Steel Sh. Ram Chandra Prasad Singh today inaugurated the first six lane highway road made by using Steel Slag at Surat, Gujrat to connect the port with the city.
While inaugurating the road, the Minister impressed upon the need to promote circular economy and resource efficiency by converting all waste into wealth.
Recalling the words of the Prime Minister in his 15th August 2021 speech, Minister Sh Singh made special reference on the need to promote circular economy as the world is witnessing depletion of all types of natural resources.
In such a scenario, circular economy is the demand of the hour and need to be made mandatory as a part of our lives.
The road constructed by 100% use of steel processed slag is a real example of converting waste into wealth and improving sustainability of steel plants, he added.
The Minister further said that the use of such material in road construction shall not only Increase durability but also help in reducing the cost of construction as slag-based materials are having better properties than natural aggregates. The experience gained from this road shall be utilized for developing detailed guidelines for widespread usages of steel slag in construction.
The Steel Minister further said that his Ministry is exploring all other options to utilize such materials in road construction, agriculture as a replacement to soil nutrients and fertilizers, ballast for railways and making green cement.
Steel Ministry has already awarded several R&D projects for utilization of different types of slags generated during manufacturing of steel and majority of which are being considered as a liability.
The road constructed by using steel slag is also part of the R&D project sponsored by the Ministry along with other major steel players.
The use of steel slag in road construction shall address the shortage of natural aggregates in the country as the production of steel slag in the country from different process routes is likely to increase from present by 2030.
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas:
In the past few days, some areas have reported a big increase in instances of rush at the PSU Retail Outlets, leading to delays and increased waiting time for customers.
This has, in turn, led to speculation of supply constraints by the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies.
It is a fact that at specific locations in some states, there has been a significant increase in demand for Petrol and Diesel, with an increase being as high as 50% during the first half of June 2022 over corresponding period of last year.
In particular, this has been noticed in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka.
These are States where large quantity of supply was being done by Retail Outlets belonging to Private Marketing Companies and where the distances from Supply locations i.e. Terminals and Depots are longer.
In general, the increase in demand has been on account of the Seasonal surge in demand due to agricultural activities, Bulk buyers having shifted their purchases to Retail outlets, and a substantial reduction in the sales by Private Marketing companies with their substantial volumes having shifted to PSU ROs.
Simultaneously, as a result of a crackdown by the Government on illegal Bio-Diesel sales, these volumes have also been added to the RO Diesel sale.
The production of Petrol and Diesel in the country is more than sufficient to take care of any demand surge.
This unprecedented growth has created some temporary logistics issues at the local level.
Oil Companies have geared up to tackle these issues by Increasing the stocks at the Depots and terminals; Extra movement of Tank Trucks and lorries to serve the Retail Outlets; Extended working hours of Depots and Terminals including at night, to cater to the extra demand, and provision of extra quantities of fuels for supply in the affected States.
The Companies are ensuring that sufficient supplies of Petrol and Diesel are available to cater to this extra demand, and they are committed to fulfill the energy needs of the nation.
Union Cabinet decision:
- Cabinet approves Auction of IMT/5G Spectrum
- Measures to reduce cost of doing business for Telecom Service Providers
- 5G services to be rolled out soon – about 10 times faster than 4G
- Over 72 GHz of Spectrum to be auctioned for a period of 20 years
- The 4G ecosystem created in the country is now leading to 5G indigenous development.
- The 5G test bed setup in 8 top technology institutes of India is speeding up the launch of domestic 5G technology in India.
- The PLI (Production-Linked Incentives) schemes for mobile handsets, telecom equipments and the launch of the India Semiconductor Mission is expected to help build a strong ecosystem for the launch of 5G services in India.
Ashok Gehlot – CM, Rajasthan:
- It has never happened in the history of the country that the office of a political party has been blocked.
- We never blocked BJP’s office.
- All Congress workers across the country are deeply hurt by this
P Chidambaram – Former Union Minister:
- What the police did at the AICC office this morning was an outrageous violation of liberty
- The police had no search warrant or arrest warrant, yet they entered the office, pulled out Congress leaders and members, including MPs, and threw them on the road
- The roughing up of Mr Adhir Ranjan Choudhary and others has been captured on video
- Every legal norm and political norm in a democracy was violated
- We condemn the action of the police in the strongest terms
PM Narendra Modi:
- Yesterday’s Maharashtra visit was wonderful.
- I got to take part in diverse programmes in Pune and Mumbai.
- Sharing highlights from the visit.
Sharad Pawar – President, NCP:
- I sincerely appreciate the leaders of opposition parties for suggesting my name as a candidate for the election of the President of India, at the meeting held in Delhi.
- However I like to state that I have humbly declined the proposal of my candidature.
- I am happy to continue my service for the well-being of the common man.
Manish Sisodia – Dy CM, Delhi:
- In March, we promised Delhi bold steps to provide 20 lakh jobs & boost the economy under Rozgar Budget
- Today, we’re taking on this challenge with conviction.
- Redeveloping our iconic markets is key to brand them as global shopping destinations & provide large-scale employment.
- Starting today, I will visit 5 markets under Phase 1 Redevelopment over the coming weeks.
- Will interact with locals to build a deeper understanding of their unique needs, as we move towards implementation.
- Delhi’s economic growth is at the forefront of our priorities.
Milind Deora – Former Union Minister:
- It was a pleasure to catch up with Sadhguru in Mumbai on Monday.
- Sadhguru has traveled 30,000 km across 26 countries on his motorbike to raise consciousness about Save Soil & food security.
- May he live a long & health life & continue to create a more Conscious Planet.
Behind every activity, pleasant, unpleasant, chaotic, harmonious, is one Divinity:
Pic Credit : Sri Sri