- Instead of re-starting all 2100 Sewa Kendras established by SAD govt, the AAP govt is going to destroy this novel citizen centric scheme by converting them into Mohalla Clinics, that too when the State already has 3000 functional med sub-centers & dispensaries. Terrible plan!
- Copying an already failed model of Delhi in Punjab will prove disastrous & it will also take away investment that is needed in other core areas of health care including the super-specialty services.
- So I urge CM Bhagwant Mann to immediately reverse this retrograde decision.
PM Narendra Modi:
- It is always people first for us!
- Today’s decisions, especially the one relating to a significant drop in petrol and diesel prices will positively impact various sectors, provide relief to our citizens and further ‘Ease of Living.’
- Ujjwala Yojana has helped crores of Indians, especially women.
- Today’s decision on Ujjwala subsidy will greatly ease family budgets.
Nirmala Sitharaman – Union Finance Minister:
- Our government, since when PM Narendra Modi took office, is devoted to the welfare of the poor. We’ve taken a number of steps to help the poor and middle class. As a result, the average inflation during our tenure has remained lower than during previous governments.
- Today, the world is passing through difficult times. Even as the world is recovering from Covid-19 pandemic, the Ukraine conflict has brought in supply chain problems and shortages of various goods. This is resulting in inflation & economic distress in a lot of countries.
- Even during the pandemic, our government set a paradigm of welfare, especially with PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana. This is now acknowledged and appreciated the world over.
- Despite the challenging international situation, we’ve ensured that there are no shortages/scarcity of essential goods. Even a few developed countries couldn’t escape some shortages/disruptions. We are committed to ensure that prices of essential items are kept under control.
- Despite rising fertilizer prices globally, we have protected our farmers from such price hikes. In addition to the fertilizer subsidy of ₹ 1.05 lakh crore in the budget, an additional amount of ₹ 1.10 lakh crore is being provided to further cushion our farmers.
- PM has specifically asked all arms of the government to work with sensitivity and give relief to the common man. Keeping in line with PM Narendra Modi ‘s commitment to help the poor & common man, TODAY, we are announcing more steps to help our people.
- We are reducing the Central excise duty on Petrol by ₹ 8 per litre and on Diesel by ₹ 6 per litre. This will reduce the price of petrol by ₹ 9.5 per litre and of Diesel by ₹ 7 per litre.
- It will have revenue implication of around ₹ 1 lakh crore/year for the government.
- I wish to exhort all state governments, especially the states where reduction wasn’t done during the last round (November 2021), to also implement a similar cut and give relief to the common man.
- Also, this year, we will give a subsidy of ₹ 200 per gas cylinder (upto 12 cylinders) to over 9 crore beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. This will help our mothers and sisters. This will have a revenue implication of around ₹ 6100 crore a year.
- We are also reducing the customs duty on raw materials & intermediaries for plastic products where our import dependence is high. This will result in reduction of cost of final products.
- Similarly we are calibrating customs duty on raw materials & intermediaries for iron & steel to reduce their prices. Import duty on some raw materials of steel will be reduced. Export duty on some steel products will be levied.
- Measures are being taken up to improve the availability of Cement and through better logistics to reduce the cost of cement. Notifications with specific details on all the above will be issued by GoI within the next hour.
Thomas Isaac – Former Finance Minister, Kerala:
- One in four families owns a car in Kerala as against national average of 7.5.
- Given the rapid rise in vehicle density, it is important that the state begins to plan a cheaper, eco- friendly and rapid mass transit system that can wean away long distance travellers from road.
Visiting the world-famous schools of the Delhi Government along with CM of Telangana Shri K. Chandrashekhar RaoArvind Kejriwal – CM, Delhi
Dr S Jaishankar – External Affairs Minister:
- Yes, the Indian Foreign Service has changed.
- Yes, they follow the orders of the Government.
- Yes, they counter the arguments of others.
- No, its not called Arrogance.
- It is called Confidence.
- And it is called defending National Interest.
Rahul Gandhi – Former Congress President:
- My father was a visionary leader whose policies helped shape modern India.
- He was a compassionate & kind man, and a wonderful father to me and Priyanka, who taught us the value of forgiveness and empathy.
- I dearly miss him and fondly remember the time we spent together.
If you get what you want, there is a reason. If you don’t get what you want, there is a reason. Nature is intelligent. The divine is intelligent:
Pic Credit : Sri Sri