Rahul Gandhi – Former Congress President:
- New Gujarat, new Government
- The model we had, the cooperative model, the public model, the Amul model, we will bring that model.
- The government will function as the voice of the people.
- Together we will make a new Gujarat.
Manish Sisodia – DY CM, Delhi:
- Delhi Govt approved 2 key flyover projects today:
- New Flyover between Anand Vihar & Apsara Border
- New Corridor between Raja Garden & Punjabi Bagh Flyover
- These projects are vital for decongesting city traffic & shall be completed in 18 months.
Aam Aadmi Party:
- Epic transformation!
- Another lake rejuvenated by Arvind Kejriwal Govt in Burari
- ‘Floating Rafter’ technology used to treat pollution
- 250 water bodies & 23 lakes are being revived in the 1st phase to transform Delhi into a “City of Lakes”
Ministry of Coal:
As per the provisional statistics of Ministry of Coal, the total coal production increased by 29% to 66.58 Million Ton (MT) from 51.62 MT in April, 2022 as compared to April, 2021.
During April, 2022, Coal India Ltd. (CIL), Singareni Collieries Company Ltd. (SCCL) and Captive mines/Others registered a growth of 27.64%, 9.59% and 59.98% by producing 53.47 MT, 5.32 MT and 7.79 MT of coal respectively.
At the same time, coal despatch increased by 8.66% to 71.30 MT from 65.62 MT during April, 2022 as compared to April, 2020.
During April 2022, CIL, SCCL and Captive/Others registered a growth of 6.01%, 5.53% and 35.69% by despatching 57.50 MT, 5.74 MT and 8.06 MT respectively.
Of the top 37 coal producing mines, 22 have performed more than 100 % and another 10 mines’ production stood between 80 and 100 per cent.
The Power utilities coal despatch has gone up by 18.15 % to 61.81 MT during April, 2022 as compared to 52.32 MT in April, 2020.
Fall in import prices of coal have been observed since the end of October last year. However, international prices are still at high level.
Coal based power generation has registered a growth of 9.26% last month as compared to April 2021 and growth of 2.25% as compared to Mar 2022.
The overall power generation in April, 2022 has been 11.75% higher than the power generated in April, 2021 and 2.23% higher than power generated in Mar 2022.
Coal based power generation in the month of April, 2022 has been 102529 MU in comparison to 100276 MU in March, 2022 and registered a growth of 2.25 %.
Total power generation has also increased in April, 2022 to 136565 MU from 133584 MU in March, 2022.
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting:
- Red Carpet event at the 75th Cannes Film Festival is going to be a gala event for Indian audience as celebrities from the cine world across India are set to walk the Red Carpet as part of Indian delegation on the opening day of Cannes Film Festival 2022 on 17th May, 2022.
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shri Anurag Thakur will lead the delegation from India to Cannes.
- The list of celebrities comprises of stars from major music industries across India. The delegation will comprise the following celebrities
- Mr Akshay Kumar (Actor and Producer, Bollywood)
- Mr A. R. Rahman (International Music Composer)
- Mr Mame Khan (Folk Music Composer, Singer)
- Mr Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Actor, Bollywood)
- Ms Nayanthara (Actress, Malayalam, Tamil)
- Ms Pooja Hegde (Actress, Hindi, Telugu)
- Mr Prasoon Joshi (Chairman, CBFC)
- Mr R. Madhavan (Actor & Producer), World Premier of Rocketry at Cannes
- Mr Ricky Kej (Music Composer)
- Mr Shekhar Kapur (Filmmaker)
- Ms Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil Films)
- Ms Vani Tripathi (Actor)
- This year, the intent is to showcase the rich flavour and diversity of India – culture, heritage, legacy, and developments through its cinema.
- The delegation has been hand-picked from across the length and breadth of the country to represent different strengths and aspects of the country.
- Several new initiatives were undertaken at the recently concluded 52nd International Film Festival of India like – collaboration with OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime amongst others; recognition to 75 Creative Minds of Tomorrow and the BRICS film festival.
- In the same spirit, several new and exciting initiatives are lined-up this year for Cannes.
- Notably India is the Official Country of Honour at Cannes Film Market (Marché du Film) in this edition of the festival.
- This is the first time this honour has been bestowed on any country and comes at a time when India celebrates its Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- India and France are also celebrating 75 years of diplomatic relations this year.
- The Minister had earlier announced that India is also the “Country of Honour at the Cannes Next, under which 5 new Start Ups would be given an opportunity to pitch to the Audio-Visual Industry.
Sukhbir Singh Badal – President, Akali Dal:
- It’s disturbing that versions of CM & his DGP on the critical Mohali attack don’t match.
- CM claims arrests; within hours DGP contradicts him.
- Bhagwant Mann please ensure peace, expose & punish guilty.
- But don’t make it an excuse for wild witch hunt & repression against Sikh youth.
Sukhbir Singh Badal – 9 May 22
Deeply shocked at the blast at Punjab Police’s Intelligence Bureau HQs, Mohali, exposing serious security lapses and highlighting once again the deteriorating law & order situation in Punjab. Thorough probe required to expose & punish those responsible.
Bhagwant Mann – CM, Punjab:
- Met with the heads of Govt. schools of Punjab and the officials of the education department…
- Our principals and teachers are the builders of society, they know the problem as well as the solution.
- All the teachers, principals have been asked to openly give their ideas and suggestions…
- with the cooperation of all of them, we will bring revolution in education.
On this day in 1857 began the historic First War of Independence, which ignited a spirit of patriotism among our fellow citizens and contributed to the weakening of colonial rule.PM Narendra Modi
I pay homage to all those who were a part of the events of 1857 for their outstanding courage.
When you walk the talk, you command respect and faith. Else, you end up demanding them and still don’t get any :
Pic Credit : Sri Sri