Ministry of Information & Broadcasting:
- India chosen as first Country of Honour ever at Cannes Film Market
- World premier of R. Madhavan produced Rocketry at 75th edition of Cannes Film Festival
- India Pavilion to focus on theme of “India as content hub of the world” says Union Minister Anurag Thakur
- India also Country of Honour at Cannes Next
Ministry of Defence:
- There have been concerns raised in sections of media and social media regarding the non-disbursement of pension to defence pensioners for the month of April 2022.
- The following clarification is being hereby issued for kind information of all concerned.
- All pensioners must complete annual identification in order to continue receipt of monthly pension, which is usually done in the month of November 2021 by all banks acting as Pension Disbursing Agencies.
- Due to the COVID situation, Government had extended the window for annual identification due on November 30, 2021 upto March 31, 2022.
- Accordingly, SPARSH has been successfully disbursing monthly pension to over five lakh pensioners, including 4.47 lakh pensioners migrated from legacy system to SPARSH (post 01.01.2016 retirees) upto March 31, 2022.
- However, during the processing of pension for the month of April 2022, it came to light that annual identification of around 3.3 lakh pensioners was not updated.
- A list was shared with all Pension Disbursing Banks to share updated identification data, if any, and as a result identification status of more than 2.65 lakh pensioners was updated on SPARSH by April 25, 2022 leading to successful processing of pension for all these pensioners.
- However, banks (the previous Pension Disbursing Agency) could not confirm identification for 58,275 pensioners and neither was their identification received directly on SPARSH by the time of monthly closing.
- Hence, these pensioners were not paid their April pension by April 30, 2022.
- In order to avoid hardship to such pensioners, a one-time special waiver has been accorded to these 58,275 pensioners to get their identification done by May 25, 2022.
- The pension for the month of April 2022 has now been processed and pension is due to be credited by end-of-day on May 04, 2022.
- All such pensioners are being informed about pending annual identification through SMS and email.
Landed in Paris.PM Narendra Modi
France is one of India’s strongest partners, with our nations cooperating in diverse areas.
Sukhbir Singh Badal – President, Akali Dal:
- I appeal to all panthic organisations to unite on a common platform to create a movement to ensure the release of Bandi Singhs (Sikh prisoners) who have been languishing in jails even after expiry of their life sentences.
- We may have differences, but let us shed them aside for the cause.
- It would be great if the SGPC President takes the lead & call a meeting of all panthic orgs to devise a joint strategy to fulfill the demand of Punjabis worldwide to free the Sikh prisoners, including Bhai Rajoana and Prof Davinder Pal Singh Bhullar, on humanitarian grounds.
- I wholeheartedly thank Sri Akal Takht Sahib jathedar Giani Harpreet Singh Ji for taking the lead in this direction by setting the tone for panthic unity on this crucial issue which concerned the sentiments of Sikhs worldwide.
- We assure that Akali Dal will adopt a well coordinated approach in consultation with all panthic orgs & parties as well as Singh Sabhas and the Sant Samaj.
- This may also include leading a delegation to the Prime Minister to ensure the speedy release of the Sikh prisoners.
- It’s most unfortunate that the release of Sikh prisoners isn’t taking place despite a national commitment made by the union government in this regard on the occasion of the 550th Parkash Purb of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji in October, 2019.
- Bhai Rajoana isn’t being released even while the SC directed GOI to decide his mercy petition.
- Similarly, AAP govt of Delhi is blocking the release of Prof Bhullar with the SRB delaying the matter. Arvind Kejriwal & Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann owe an explanation to the Sikh community.
Manish Sisodia – DY CM, Delhi:
- It is Arvind Kejriwal’s dream to see Delhi’s roads become beautiful like European & US roads.
- We are working round the clock with the best brains in the field to fulfill this dream.
- Discussed some great ideas & addressed challenges for the Mathura Road pilot project – along which, our city roads will be decongested & beautified as per global standards.
- Furthermore, 6 renowned consultants presented their grand vision to redesign prime roads as signature projects of Arvind Kejriwal Govt.
- By implementing these ideas, we will set a new benchmark for road beautification in India.
- President Kovind addresses the valedictory function of North East Festival at Guwahati, Assam:
- The North-Eastern region is the natural gateway for India to South-East Asia and beyond.
- With over 5,300 kilometres of international borders with several neighbouring countries, it has significant strategic value.
PM Narendra Modi:
- My Denmark visit has been excellently productive.
- The programmes covered different spheres ranging from diplomatic meetings, boosting cultural and commercial linkages and engagement with the Indian community.
- I thank PM Frederiksen, the Government and people of Denmark.
- The India-Nordic Summit gave a great platform to discuss ways to boost ties with the Nordic nations.
- The bilateral meetings with Nordic leaders were also productive.
- I look forward to working with them in various sectors aimed at furthering prosperity.
- The India-Nordic Summit will go a long way in boosting India’s ties with the region.
- Together, there is much that our nations can achieve and contribute to global prosperity and sustainable development.
Productive talks with PM Frederiksen, a business summit to discuss economic linkages, a vibrant community programme to further people-to-people linkages and a meeting with Denmark’s Royal Family…here are yesterday’s highlights.PM Narendra Modi
Meditation is accepting this moment, and living every moment totally with depth :
Pic Credit : Sri Sri